Welcome to Larry Swall of Gates Shields Ferguson Swall Hammond P.A.
Dedicated to Helping Clients and Helping Families
Attorney and mediator Larry V. Swall founded Larry Swall of Gates Shields Ferguson Swall Hammond P.A., in 1999. An experienced family trial lawyer with 20 years of experience, Mr. Swall saw a need for a family law firm dedicated to representing parents, finding practical and lasting solutions to family conflicts, and putting the needs of families and children first — a law firm that provides services to promote, not destroy, the family.
Putting Children First
Children are too often the helpless victims of difficult family relationships. We are dedicated to protecting the rights of parents and children to maintain healthy relationships in family law matters such as divorce and paternity establishment. We have a great deal of experience resolving issues of divorce, child custody and child support.
After becoming a family mediator, studying family dynamics and systems to learn how to help families succeed following divorce, Larry Swall helped start a family mediation program operating through the Missouri Department of Social Services, Family Support Division – MARCH Mediation (Mediation Achieving Results for Children) in 1999. Mr. Swall continues to serve as its executive director.
Recognized for Excellence
Our firm has a reputation for providing aggressive yet compassionate representation. We have been acknowledged for our high standards of personal service on behalf of families in the legal community and beyond, including:
- Recognized as the Roger P. Krumm Family Law Practitioner of the Year, 2009, Larry Swall; Missouri Bar President’s Award, 2009, Larry Swall.
- Working with the Family Law Section of the Missouri Bar, including serving as statewide chair in 2008, 2009, and 2010 and chairing the Section’s efforts in family law education for attorneys since 1997
- Work on behalf of domestic violence agencies, New House and Russell House
- Recognition from the state family support division’s “Fathers for Life” program
- Providing family law legislative assistance to the Missouri Bar
- Testifying before the Missouri House and Senate on family law-related legislation
- Creating and establishing the Missouri Bar Family Law Conference; serving as Conference Chair for eight years
- Speaking on family law issues throughout Missouri
- Teaching and training family lawyers and guardians ad litem
- Helping draft legislation in Missouri: securing personal information in family court files; creating legislative authority for use of parenting coordination throughout Missouri
- Serving on the Supreme Court’s Child Support Guideline Review Committee starting in 2008
- Assisting circuit courts with drafting local court rules on mediation services in family court cases
We believe legal fees should not create financial problems. We will work with you to establish long-term payment plans. We also accept major credit cards and PayPal.